1.The staple food of Bengal is rice and fish dishes. The fishes ordinarily utilized in this food incorporates Hilsa (Ilish), Carp (Rui), Dried fish (shootki), Indian butterfish (pabda), Clown blade fish (Chitol maach), Mango fish (Topsey), Sea Bass (Bhetki), Prawns/Shrimps (Golda chingri/kucho chingri), Catfish (Tangra/Magur), Perch (koi), Katla and so on. Gently matured rice is likewise eaten as breakfast by typical Bengali people and agrarian networks (panta bhat).
2. The central vehicle of cooking is mustard oil. An unmistakable flavor is granted to the fish dishes by searing them in mustard oil, before cooking them in the sauce. Mustard glue is additionally normally utilized for the readiness of flavors.
3. Fish is additionally steamed by the Bengalis (e.g, Bhapa Ilish ). The most favored type of meat in Bengal is sheep or goat meat. Khashi (emasculated goat) or Kochi pantha (kid goat), is likewise normal.
4. Unique flavors like
I) panch phoron – a mix of Cumin seeds (jeera), Fennel seeds (mouri), mustard seeds (sorse), Methi seeds, and onion seeds (kalonjee). At some point, Celery seeds (radhuni) additionally turns into a piece of the panch phoron.
(ii) Radhuni (ajmod) spice
(iii) Poppy seeds (posto) are widely utilized in the food.
5. The garam masala comprised of Cloves (laung), Cinnamon (dalchini), Nutmeg (Jaiphal), Mace (Javitri), little and huge cardamom (Elichi), and so on
6. Bengalis additionally eat blossoms like those of bokphooL (HERON FLOWER), pumpkin, banana, water reeds(Phragmites australis, delicate drumsticks, and strips of potato or pumpkin.
7. A lunch comprises of Rice, Bhaja (arranged seared things including vegetables and fish), Leafy vegetable – Saag (palong saag, Pui saag, Lal saag, and so on), Sukto, Various dals (lentil) like Moong, Masoor, Beuli, Arhar, Cholar dal, and so forth, trailed by various Vegetarian arrangements, Fish and Meat (Chicken or Mutton) arrangements. This is trailed by the Chutney and papad lastly the desserts of which there are unending mouth-watering assortments like Rosogolla, Sandesh, Misti doi, Rabri, Mihidana, Sitabhog, Rajbhog, Kamalabhog, Kalakad, and so on.
8. Roti, Paratha, Luchi are likewise normal in Bengali cuisine.
9. The regular snacks of Bengalis is “Jhal moori” different sorts of Telebhaja (Chops – vegetable, egg, and so forth, Beguni, Peyazi), kachudi, singhada, egg move, chicken roll, puckha (puffed smaller than normal loaded down with squashed potato and plunged in tamarind water), nimkis (maida mixture rice with dark onion seeds molded into triangles and pan-fried), chanachur ( namkeen), and so on.
10. Sweet Dishes mirror the extraordinary culinary mastery of the state and the assortment is one of the biggest in the worldwide culinary exhibition. The most well-known ones incorporate Rosogolla, Sandesh (Narompak – delicate or korapak – hard), Misti doi, Rabri, Mihidana, Sitabhog, Rajbhog, Kamalabhog, Kalakad, Chum mate, Jolbhora, ladycanny/ladykini, Chaler payash, Chenar payash, darbesh, Malpoa, shor bhaja, langcha, and so on The two essential elements of Bengali desserts are sugar and milk. The milk is thickened either by reducing it down to make a thick fluid called khoa, or by turning sour it with lemon juice or yogurt to deliver curds, called channa. Sugar isn’t the solitary fixing with which the pleasantness is granted in the desserts, different jaggery(gur) which incorporates patali gur, khejur gur (date jaggery), and so forth The fundamental body of the desserts is for the most part made of coconut, until seeds, rice, rice flour, refined flour, and so on separated from Chenna.